This site contains most of my paper models that I have started creating since June 2010.

Here, I must give my thanks to Cowboyleland for his brilliant idea on making 2.5d figures that are easy to build and look good from most angles. His method has been applied to make figures such as the wererat, snakeman, ghoul and praying mantis. My thanks also go to many friends I met in Onemonk (http://onemonk.com/) and forum (http://cardboard-warriors.proboards.com/) for their support and inspiration!

For the time being I can only post the finished products in this blog. In future, I hope that I can include more works in progress and also more essays on how to make these models.

I hope you enjoy this site!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Black Dragon, Manticore, Bone Golem, Umber Hulk, Gargoyle and Gremlin

More monsters from the dark side!

They are available at the following links:
http://www.4shared.com/office/-J0XqxJG/black__dragon_5.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/fcwhPP4g/manticore_and_bone_golem.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/e_6jCuPZ/gargoyle_umberhulk_gremlin.html


Cheers!






13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to start medieval fantasy forum and have a paper models section. Would be ok if I posted your work there(with credit and link to your blog of course), or either you post some of your work there?

    http://medievalfantasyadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, no problem, you can post my work in your forum.

      Delete
  3. Good work!!

    I usually visit your blog and think you do a good job for what I have given a prize Liebster. Yo can visit my blog anytime if you want more information.

    http://siyofuerafriki.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/premios-liebster.html

    And excuse if my english isn't the best I don't use it often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and Thank You!
    I have made up your Fire Drake and Black Dragon models, now I'm making your Red Dragon...
    I'm having some trouble with its tail.
    Have you any assembly tips ?

    Thanks,

    Chris Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      The tail of the red dragon should be the same as the black dragon, as they are actually the same design.

      Anyway, here are my suggestions:
      1) cut out both parts. the smaller tabs near the end of the tail might be ignored for easier built.
      2) for the part with the tabs, I would first paste adhesive tape on the back side. then fold the tabs to the back side
      3) apply glue on the tabs and paste the part without tabs to the tabs. the adhesive tape would help to prevent the two parts sticking up even some glue squeeze out from the tabs.

      The technique could also be applied to the neck.

      Another way is to glue the tabs tab-by-tab and start from the tip of the tail first. This will give better result but will be much slower. You can use instant glue to speed up the process.

      Good luck with your build!

      Eddnic

      Delete
    2. Thanks Eddnic,
      My problem is the tail shape seems to curl over my dragons back. The scale pattern and your dragons pictures have their tails curling round to the side.
      Would I be better off sticking the two parts of the tail together as you have suggested then opening them out as a tube before putting in creases to shape it?

      Thanks,

      Chris

      Delete
  5. I have posted photos of my makes of some of your dragons here: cavyman.devaintart.com
    They all have links back to your site.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. eddnic , this resource that you have made available to us requires more thanks than i alone can give . the options that your models provide at the price that they are provided , allows the ambitious GM to create adventures with more diversified monsters , npc's , flora , fauna , and furniture . the models are beautiful . table-top gaming is in your debt . at first i believed i needed instructions to put them together , but now i enjoy having to figure them out as i put them together . again thank you . wolves

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you, now I can have my own medieval fantasy kingdom

    ReplyDelete